Saturday, April 21, 2007

Packing up and Gettin' Ready

So yes, it is really 3:43am and I am up.......trying to get so many things done before I leave. Like finish packing! I had no idea how hard it is to pack for an entire month. Jill was gracious enough to give me an "insider" packing list, so atleast I had her help but its getting to be a massive pile of stuck to lug. Here is the list Jill made for me:
  • yoga clothes/casual clothes
  • layers and a warm coat
  • white outfits for satsang
  • nice outfit for graduation
  • warm blanket
  • toilettries
  • snacks
  • to-go cup
  • handtowels
  • parking knife
  • notebook with sections
  • highlighers
  • digital camera
  • laptop
  • linens
  • towels
  • extra hangers
  • stuff for altar
  • stuff to hang in my room and thumbtacks
  • bathing suit
  • small umbrella
  • laundry detergent
  • yoga mat
  • yoga blanket
  • yoga block
  • yoga strap
  • aspirin, advil, cold medicine
  • ipod
  • tape or digital recorder
  • stamps
  • cell phone/phone card
It's quite a list, no!?
I had some help with the list, though. On Wednesday during the Jivamukti class at Flow yoga studio, during which I apprenticed for the past 3 months, Jill and the class presented me with a sacred send-off complete with the perfect present - a gorgeous hanging of Shiva. Jill had this hung in her room during her Jivamukti teacher training, and was now letting me enjoy the blessing of Lord Shiva. And on Thursday, my sweet girlfriends threw me a goodbye dinner complete with delicious vegan food and a lovely present - a singing bowl! This is the perfect addition to the altar I intend to set up in my room. Both will go a long way towards making my room at Omega feel more welcoming. My housing is quite simple (which I appreciate!) and looks like this inside and outside:





Well, I better get pack to packing. Will touch base when I arrive at Omega!

2 comments:

esteffanny said...

you will do great! you are already an amazing teacher, you are already half way there. keep intouch, i want to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

aww, your room is bigger than mine was.....not! dont worry, you'll only be sleeping there. cant wait to hear more....and it's only your first day. xo jill